Monday, November 18, 2013

D.I.Y Desk Chair

This was a D.I.Y impulse project. For a very long time I used one of my tacky dining room chairs as the desk chair. I recently painted my desk (another D.I.Y project that I will post separately) and the one thing missing was its own chair.  I went to a local thrift store and found this awesome wood chair for only $5.98! I loved the contemporary look and style. I painted the chair in a eggshell white and found a really nice navy and gold print fabric at JoAnn's fabric; another steal as I got 40% off on the fabric.  

I sanded and painted the wood.  I re-upholstered the seating thanks to my new handy dandy staple gun ( I love that thing!) I now have a nice chair to compliment the desk and complete the look of the space.




Before! 


J!

No comments:

Post a Comment