Thursday, November 14, 2013

Sophisticated Boy's Bedroom

I was so excited to work on this nice young man's bedroom. My client is 14 years old and a little on the mature side.  I had to create a space that he could grow up in.  The idea was a mature teenager's room with some elements of fun; check out the before and after photos.


Before



Mid way: 
Painted single stripe around the room

After! 

Check out my custom pieces. I made a custom upholstered cornice above the window. Totally a coincidence that the fabric matched the stripe around the room (nice how these things come together).  I also made the decorative headboard. I wanted it to look like a big domino.  I was sold on the bedding with all the colors, smiley faces, and text abbreviations.  It couldn't have been a better bed set than this for a teenager.


Functional desk space: White board, magnet board, industrial desk lamp and decorative wall light. Lots of storage space for school work and books.


I had to opportunity to try a lot of new things in this room. The headboard and cornice was a first, can't lie, I was a little scared but it all came together. I installed a shelf in the closet (not shown) and new window blinds.

Each project has been a great learning experience and I'm challenging myself to do more and express more in my designs.  Next up I have another bathroom project! Check back for that next month.

J

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for this beautiful transformation. You really did your thing and brought that room back to life. You really captured his personality and were attentive to what we were looking for. Cannot wait for the next project.

    -Nikke

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That makes me feel so good! You all are great clients and I can't wait for the next project.

      Delete