Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Just for fun - New Chairs






Me at Urban Ore




My daughter claimed this one! 


Buy me!

I had fun in my backyard the other day revamping these new chairs I picked up at Urban Ore for under $25. I love to go thrift shopping in search of hidden treasures. It was my first trip to Urban Ore in Berkeley, I heard lots about it so I took advantage of a free Saturday and went salvage shopping. 

Urban Ore is amazing and a little overwhelming. It is a huge warehouse of great household products for very inexpensive cost. As I strolled through looking at everything, I found the array of chair selection. I saw these beauties [my now finished chairs] that I thought would be easy for me to paint and reupholster.   

The inspiration for color and fabric choices; I wanted to use color! My usual go to colors are: white, black, and gold; very safe, and very boring! LOL (at least to me). It was a cold day in Berkeley and I think I had summer on my mind so I picked bright summer colors.  

For the seating I really like the fury cream fabric that you see a lot now in super chic spaces. I wanted more fluff in the seating but that would've require more money and a more expensive fabric store. For the yellow chair I wanted a color that was opposite of the base color. Can't go wrong with blue and yellow.  

This was a "just for fun" project. I'm expanding my creativity beyond interior design. My daughter claimed the green chair so now I'm looking for a home for the yellow chair! Any buyers? =)

-J




No comments:

Post a Comment